Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hope



Spring is in full bloom here in Texas.  We have mild Winters compared to most of the USA but I always enjoy when Spring returns and the flowers bloom with the hope of a new year.  I photographed the plant my sister gave me for Easter and added this lovely quote about Hope. Capturing the fleeting moment that this flower has to share its beauty.  I am thankful to take them time and enjoy the small gifts that we receive.

One of my customers Sharyl, shared with me that she is using my pottery pieces in a new line she is making called Hope.  She has used my pottery pieces to make earrings and bracelets to help raise funds and awareness for those with rare disorders and illness.  Her sister has a rare autoimmune disorder. Hope for a cure and hope for a better tomorrow are essential for fighting adversity.  What a beautiful way to raise awareness and give to those in need. 
Coral Flat Rectangle Beads

Captured Moments curved bracelet bead in Caribbean Blue


I love how Sharyl used my turquoise bead with the bright orange ribbon in this wrap cuff.
A bracelet I donated to The Global Genes Project that supports and raises awareness of rare diseases and disorders.  The Global Genes Project (GGP) volunteer team is collecting blue jean/denim inspired bracelets for families living with rare disease, the campaign is called “7,000 Bracelets for Hope".
  You can donate a bracelet to them.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for kindly featuring my jewelry on your blog, Cindy! I appreciate this special opportunity to raise awareness about Rare Disorders. Because of the very nature of these illnesses, it can be very difficult to raise funding necessary for research for treatment and cures. If you would like to read more, one good source of information is the National Organization of Rare Disorders website at: http://www.rarediseases.org/

    In my Sharyl's Jewelry online studio, 25% of each piece of jewelry purchased from the "Hope" section will be donated to a rare disorder charity. Each contains a "hope" charm. My thanks to Cindy for creating such lovely pottery beads for us all to use, and for highlighting my work with them here!

    Best wishes and good health to all, Sharyl / Sharyl's Jewelry (Artfire)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - You sure do make beautiful beads. Raising awareness about rare disorders is so important! Thanks for all that you do. I found you through my friend Sharyl. I joined your blog. Please feel free to swing by my blog if you have a chance. http://www.pineridgetreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, It is a small step, but if we all take small steps we can get there together. Now I off to see your blog. Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete