Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gone Fishing


I had a great Memorial day weekend with my extended family, and it was my 29th Birthday again. My daddy had just been fishing and caught a huge catfish with his good friend.  The grand kids call my daddy "POP" (on the Right), and we call his friend "Daddy Gray".  They have been fishing buddies for years and my family and I spent many summers on the lake with his family.  Always enjoying good company and lots to eat.

This weekend Daddy fried some of the catfish and we had onion rings made from the onions we pulled from the garden that morning and my momma makes the best hush puppies with little tiny bits of jalopenas cut up inside of them,  wow it was delicious.

We also got to play lots of 42 dominos, a game I love and have been playings since I was a little girl.  The domino playing always comes with plenty of laughter, boasting and teasing but all in good fun.

I just designed a little fish bead and made a fishing bracelet.  I brought it down to show my daddy since he loves fishing he thought it was pretty cool.  I made the little red and white beads look like fishing bobbers and made the chain out of fishing swivels from the sporting goods store.  I had a small piece of multi-gray and blue cord that finished it off perfect.  I love had it turned out,  it brings back memories of all the time I spent as a kid fishing with my family.  I hope you enjoyed Memorial day weekend, it is a nice time to reflect back and be thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment