Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Texas Bracelets

My local jewelry guild, Brazos Valley Jewelry Arts Guild or BVJAG has a quarterly challenge.  This quarters challenge was to use something "Green or Recycled" in your design.  I had just received new license plates a few weeks ago so I cut the word Texas off the old plate, and sanded the edges.  I then punched small holes and attached it to a leather cuff using silver daisy beads, micro screws, and nuts.  It is really comfortable to wear and reflective too.  
Cuff made with old recycled license plate and leather

 Here are some pottery Texas flag cuff beads I have in my Etsy shop.  I have made one of these in to a bracelet also.  I just love my state of Texas.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91020623/texas-flag-bracelet-bead




No comments:

Post a Comment